Jane Boxall ~ marimba ~ Performance Possibilities
Solo marimba performances
Generally between 30 minutes and 2 hours in duration.
· Music from Five Continents program
includes diverse marimba works by composers from Australia, North and South America, Europe and Japan.
· Music by Women Composers program
includes extremely rare marimba pieces written between 1945 and 2008. Composers include Keiko Abe (Japan), Vida Chenoweth (USA), Anna Ignatowicz (Poland), Eve Belgarian (USA), Nancy Van de Vate (US/Austria), and Victoria Poleva (Ukraine).
· Drumarimba program
includes pieces in which Jane plays drums and marimba simultaneously, with CD backing tracks, and with drumkit accompaniment from Michael Allen. Musical styles include contemporary classical, jazz, electronic and dance music.
· Kindermarimba program
is designed with young children in mind. A selection of short, characterful pieces are interspersed with opportunities for audience participation (body percussion, singing, movement) and musical stories.
· Marimba Atmosphere program
is ideally suited to luncheons, wine-tastings, functions, art openings, weddings, dinners or other situations where music serves a background purpose. Evocative marimba compositions, alongside transcriptions of classical pieces from Bach to Bartok, create a unique atmosphere. Special requests can be accommodated with advance notice.
Jane is pleased for opportunities to share recitals with pianist Rose Chancler Feinbloom.
Marimba clinics, workshops and masterclasses
· Presentations can be one to three hours long. (Two hours is most common).
· Jane can tailor a clinic or master class to particular groups of marimbists and percussionists at a university, college, or high school.
· The difference between a "clinic" and "master class" is that the latter includes performances by a few students who wish to receive feedback. Students observing usually benefit from this as well.
· All sessions usually begin with a ten to 20-minute performance by Jane, which is followed by a presentation on various topics. She encourages questions and discussion.
Marimba demonstration for Composers
Includes a ten to 20-minute performance and talk on basic considerations when scoring for marimba. Jane will sight-read and comment on any sketches students have composed for marimba.